Ontario Expands COVID-19 Rapid Testing Across Province
The Ontario government, in partnership with the federal government and the Ontario Chamber of Commerce, has launched the COVID-19 Rapid Screening Initiative for small and medium-sized businesses across the province.
The COVID-19 Rapid Screening Initiative will provide free rapid antigen tests for employees of small and medium-sized businesses through participating local chambers of commerce and other organizations. The program will screen for asymptomatic cases of COVID-19 in the workplace that might otherwise be missed, helping to keep workers and their families safe and businesses open.
What you need to know
Rapid testing is an additional screening method that can help stop the spread ofby identifying cases that may otherwise have been missed. Organizations can test on-site 1-3 times per week and get results in about 15 minutes.
To find out if on-site testing is right for you:
- review the Provincial Testing Guidance and training materials
- implement a COVID-19 workplace safety plan
- train people or hire a service provider to administer the tests
- apply to access free test kits or find a supplier to buy them from
Access free test kits
The Provincial Antigen Screening Program provides free rapid antigen test kits to high-risk communities, organizations and essential workplaces.
- must agree to the program terms and conditions
- review onboarding and training materials
- order free test kits from the province of Ontario
- report testing data to the province each week
Free test kits are also available from:
Buy test kits
If you are not eligible for free test kits, you can still buy them and hire or train people to do on-sitetesting for you.