The Junction BIA is looking to expand our boundaries west along Dundas St W to Runnymede Rd; and east to Annette St.
If you own a COMMERCIAL property and/or business on Dundas St W between Annette St. and Runnymede Rd. and are not a part of The Junction BIA, we want you to join us! Please see preliminary map.
What is a BIA?
A Business Improvement Area (BIA) is an association of commercial property owners and tenants within a defined area who work in partnership with the City to create thriving, competitive, and innovative business areas that attract shoppers, diners, tourists, and new businesses. By joining the Junction BIA through a boundary expansion, more local businesses will have the organizational and funding capacity to be catalysts for civic improvement, enhancing the quality of life in their local neighbourhood and the City as a whole. The Board of Management is elected from the property owners and business representatives from The Junction.
Why is The BIA pursuing expansion?
- 1. The BIA will better be able to compete with other business areas, such as Roncesvalles, The Junction Triangle, Bloor West, and the Stockyards.
- 2. Beautification and streetscaping at the gateways to The Junction; west at Runnymede Rd and east at Annette St, attracting more visitors into the area.
- 3. Increased political clout on the municipal, provincial, and federal levels.
Ultimately, this will increase the amount of money/capital entering The Junction in the years to come.
The benefits of joining a BIA include:
- – Advocating on behalf of the membership as a unified voice
- – Access to funding through the Commercial Facade Improvement Program
- – Access to funding and assistance through Digital Main Street programs
- – Assistance in dealing with the City regarding policies, permits, maintenance, and construction
- – Streetscape improvements including tree guards, parkettes, murals, public art, street furniture, train lighting displays, pole banners & hardware, sidewalk cleaning, graffiti & poster removal, sidewalk maintenance and seasonal floral displays
- – Safety, security and crime prevention initiatives
- – Strategic plans for business recruitment, market studies and capital improvements
- – Connection to The Junction brand and identity
- – Participation in our annual signature event, The Junction Summer Solstice Festival
- – Discounted advertising opportunities
- – Website Member Directory listing
- – Social Media presence
- – Public Relations opportunities
- – Stronger connection to the Media
- – Increase in property value
- – Increase in foot traffic to The Junction
- – Shop local initiatives
- – Investment and leasing strategies
The Junction BIA cannot move forward to include the whole of the Junction in the BIA without your interest and engagement in this project. Please visit this link to complete a short survey about this possible expansion. You can also get involved in promoting the expansion by joining a Steering Committee.
For more information on The Junction BIA, the Expansion, and/or BIAs in general:
- – Contact us at email@example.com or 416-767-9068
- – Visit the Toronto Association for BIAs (TABIA) website
- – Visit the City of Toronto website
Sign up to stay informed and have your say
We look forward to hearing from you,