SUMMER SOLSTICE – Art in the Junction 2018
Submission Deadline: March 5, 2018
Selected Artists will be notified by: APRIL 1, 2018
The Junction Business Improvement Area (BIA) will be hosting exhibitions as part of SUMMER SOLSTICE 2018. Submit your artwork for an opportunity to exhibit in one of several selected venues throughout The Junction.
The Solstice Exhibition provide a platform for artists, from emerging to established, to exhibit their work. These exhibitions include a wide range of projects, promote independent artists and collectives, and facilitate community collaboration.
How to apply:
Please submit the following by email (zipped file, max 5 MB), along with your name, phone number and email address:
- 10 digital files of works proposed for the exhibition (jpeg format, no larger than 1024 x 768 pixels). Images should be numbered 01 – 10 (01_tree, 02_house, etc.)
- 3 images of proposed installation / presentation (i.e. framed, mounted, to indicate size and presentation)
- Image list indicating title, year, medium and dimensions
- 75-word description of your work (in third person)
- Curriculum vitae, resume or biography
- Link to website or portfolio
There is no fee to participate. If your work is selected, you will be contacted by The Junction BIA and connected with a venue in the BIA (Dundas West from Indian Grove to Quebec Ave, Keele St. at Dundas West). The artist is responsible for arranging exhibition details with their assigned venue, and also for printing, framing, and installing their artworks.
Exhibitions will take place from June 1-30, 2018, with a closing reception from 5-7 PM on Saturday June 23 during Summer Solstice festivities.
Send submissions to:
Please include the subject line “SUMMER SOLSTICE ART 2018″